Monday, December 15, 2008

Fall in love with Sitti's Christmas Album (Ngayong Pasko)

It took me several days and visits to various record stores before I finally got a copy of Josh Groban's Christmas album, Noel. I shelled out P450 for the CD, too much really for a Christmas album. I got interested with the album after hearing Josh sang in Oprah.

But whoa! I was a bit dissappointed while listening to the songs. Maybe its because I am not a lover of opera song or something.

So I made visits to record stores again and looked for nice Christmas albums. Then my eyes got stucked to Sitti's Ngayong Pasko Album. Wow. Sitti singing not just bosa nova songs. Hmmm. It got me interested.

I bought a copy and immediately played it on my car's stereo. And yes, Sitti has proven once again her power to bring your senses to a different dimension when you hear her sing. I had a copy of her other album and I must say that the Christmas album is the best.

Sitti is not only a magnificent bosa nova artist, she also gives justice to her rendition of jazzy Christmas songs. I fell in love with the album. And I must admit I feel in love with Sitti, although I know that my Beth will be mad at me after reading this post. :)

Sitti's Ngayong Pasko contains 13 Christmas songs that you will surely play all over again (I brought the CD in the office and played it the whole day).

The CD contains the following songs:


  1. All I Want For Christmas (best choice for an album song opener)
  2. Ngayong Pasko (Nicely done!)
  3. Santa Baby (Naughty but nice)
  4. Baby, It's Cold Outside (her duet with Christian Bautista is fantastic!)
  5. Winter Wonderland (loved it)
  6. Someday at Christmas (one of the best renditions I've heard)
  7. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  8. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
  9. I'll Be Home for Christmas
  10. Grown-up Christmas List
  11. The Christmas Song (her rendition is better than that of Josh, hehehe)
  12. Jingle Bell Rock
  13. Boogie Woogie Santa Claus
It's still a week before Christmas and it's not too late yet to buy a Christmas album. I personally recommend Sitti's Ngayong Pasko. And oh, Sitti's not paying me for this post :)

No comments: